Friday, November 07, 2008

Minsan nang naging EMO si Nix

Ever wonder why do others hide their other eye by their hair? 

Because they want to hide the sadness they feel - without knowing that the others will be more curious about them. They want to see things in a one-eye direction, meaning, once they decide; they only consider the thing that they know is right, never giving chance to wrongness that may lead to suffering they might feel.

What about those checkered shoes and overprinted jacket? 

What you see is what you get. Their lives are not clear; there are spaces they want to be filled to feel completeness. And those printed jacket? It can be seen mostly white with those prints in it, right? Well, it is simple, like what the shoes show, their lives are complicated; there are so many problems in their lives that they can’t feel peace of mind anymore.

Those earrings and other face style are just the result of bearing those problems in their life. They don’t know what to do for that time, so they just show their feelings through those things. 

And lastly those tight pants they wear, they do feel being too much pressured by the things around them.

What do I always think when I hear the word EMO?

When I hear this word, many things come into my mind. Being Emo doesn’t always refer to the style a person would be. In addition to that, some of them will say that the strength of your Emo-ness depends on how you dress your Emo style, especially your hair. But I have observed that some people do not want Emo as their fashion in life. I wonder why…

When you are referring to someone as being emo, you are usually are stating that they are sensitive, or have a negative emotional personality. 

Emo truly is a type of music that started in the eighty’s and is rapidly moving back in its popularity. It’s a sub genre of punk music which has grown to be more popular then punk it’s self. Each and every day more and more emo bands are coming out. However, emo most commonly is referred to as a type of fashion. - http://www.emo-corner.com/

And I guess, people take this issue as non-sense talks, because they just become irritated of what an emo look like and how they live life – wanting death. Anyway, an emo person won’t care at all, right?.

Before I write this blog, I searched some data in some websites to find out how people really view on this EMO thing. Some people say that it’s a way for them to show their feelings, some say, it is a way of letting others know that they are cutting themselves – catching a glimpse of death. While other’s say, it is just a fashion style and have nothing intention at all. 

Maybe some will say, they are just using the word emo to explain their side that they are emotional.

I belong to the last statement. I am an EMO sometimes. Funny right?! (Better not continue if you’re not interested!) Some may laugh and say, they can’t see any emo-ness in me, is it because I don’t wear tight jeans, checkered shoes and shirts, or sometimes even a jacket or coat? Or is it because I don’t have any mark of cutting myself in my wrists? Or is it because I am always laughing as if I don’t bear any problem at all? Well I guess they’re wrong.

In my own perception on this word, I can say that all of us are Emo, I can say this because, in our personality, there can be negative and positive traits. On the positive side, these are the ways our friends are seeing about us when we are with them – the way we crack jokes, laugh out loud, etc. On the negative side, these are the things that make us think of the sad side of our life.

The moment we come to think of our present lives – either happy or sad – still, we become emotional. This is what I meant. Not all the times, we have to be happy and never face the darkness inside us. We all have our other sides, as the saying goes, right? I agree with this. It is just that, some of us will prefer to keep it on ourselves, (that may cause a higher risk of heart attack) which is wrong. All of us have problems to face. And the more we run away on those things; it will still be in our hearts.

“The more we feel all alone, the more we get emotional.”

One solution to this problem is having someone to talk, someone to listen and understand on what you feel. Because having someone beside you lessen the sadness and feeling of being alone. Everyone in this world was born to have a friend to be taken cared of. Your lucky if you don’t easily get emotional but what about the others around you. Some are just hiding from those smiles in their faces. And if you feel someone’s feeling like being alone, why not be the one to come and sit beside him and say, “Hey pal, I am here… :)”.

_nix_

No comments:

Post a Comment