Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Jan-Jan Incident on Willing Willie TV Show

Willie Revillame has been known for being “generous” to people that’s why he became very appealing to the eyes of many. We cannot deny the fact that Willie is wealthy and can afford to buy anything he would want – condo units, malls, yachts, luxury cars and even girls. He is so rich that he can manipulate the minds of the poor that he is an ATM Machine and that he is their only hope in this poor country.

I have nothing against game shows or noon time shows because they are really entertaining, but sadly Filipinos become lazier and dependent on easy-money.  What’s worse? Even children now are allowed to play on game shows like this, while on other countries, one must be on legal age to join such game shows. Is this how desperate Filipino people are?

Few months ago, there has been an issue of child abuse on the show Willing Willie on TV5. This happened when a 6-year old boy named Jan-Jan was forced to do a stripper dance. I say “forced” because he was asked to do it not just once but four times more or less. The part that made me really mad was when he was lifted in an elevated stage that makes Janjan more exposed to people. The dancers and even Willie was there at the center, laughing so hard at JanJan making him cry while doing the macho dance.

“Ang hirap ng buhay ng tao, [si] Jan jan syempre nagsasayaw sya bilang isang macho dancer, sa edad nyang yan! Para sa kanyang mga mahal na pamilya. Pinahanga mo ako Janjan!” Revillame says with a laugh giving him 10,000 pesos.

Nowadays, for some people maybe, such acts are now looked up as a “just for fun”, but maybe some looked at it as child abuse in the form of forcing a child like Jan-Jan to dance like a macho dancer. What makes it worse is that Jan-Jan was crying during his performance. I can’t help but think, “kelan pa naging entertainment ang pag-iyak ng isang bata?”. It simply proves that there has been a child abuse.

If I were to own a company and to pick a TV show to advertise my products, why would I choose to sponsor a show that tolerates such acts? Why would I let my products be exposed on TV when there is child abuse happening? Maybe Willie Revillame can really bring my products to a hit, but I would never risk it if there’s something indecent with such TV show. Morality over everything is my business.

Never will I be blinded by Willie’s fame and money and never will he stain my company’s integrity!

No comments:

Post a Comment